A Grant for Temple Students In Need
Established in 2019, the Broad Street Finish Line Grant program is one of Temple’s signature grant programs aimed at helping students cross the finish line toward graduation. With a particular preference for helping first generation college students, particularly those from the City of Philadelphia, the Broad Street Finish Line Grant is open to all undergraduate students.
The Broad Street Finish Line Grant is supported by Temple alumni and friends, in honor of former Temple president Peter Liacouras and former trustees who helped transform Temple into one of the world’s most extraordinary universities for first generation college students. Since its inception, the program has helped over 375 students with over $3 million in grants.
These trustees and friends of Temple include James Tate, Henry Nichols, William Reiger, William Rafsky, John Haas, Milton Rock, James Coleman, Edna Tuttleman, Louis Esposito, Frank McGlinn, Edward Rosen, Alphonso Deal, Frances Rauch, C. Robert Harrington, Esther Boyer Griswold, Clare Wofford, Richard Fox, Clifford Scott Green, John Contoudis, Joan Ballots, Theodore Davis, Harold Kohn, Peter Depaul, Patricia Clifford, Paul Dandridge, Francis Catania, Howard Gittis, F. Eugene Dixon, Russell Weigley, Barbara Brownstein, Sol Sherry, Irving Kessler, and Richard Foley.
Dedicated in Honor of Trustees and Friends of Temple
- The Broad Street Finish Line Grant is currently for undergraduate students only and is open to both first-year (i.e. freshman) and transfer students. Incoming students are automatically considered at the time of admission and should not apply for this grant.
- U.S. citizens and eligible residents must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be eligible. International students do not.
- Preference will be given to students who are the first generation in their families to graduate from a college/university.
- Preference will be given to students from the City of Philadelphia (though all students will be considered, including international students).
- Preference will be given to upper-class undergraduate students nearing graduation.
Students may receive grants that range from $200 - $5000.
How To Apply
Incoming undergraduate students are automatically considered for the Broad Street Finish Line Grant at the time of admission. There is no application to complete for incoming students.
Current Temple students (or students who are taking time off from Temple) should complete this short application, telling us about any financial hardship you are encountering as you near graduation.