Temple University's #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship recognizes promising international students with a vision for enhancing intercultural understanding. Temple will select two first-year students to receive an annual, renewable scholarship of $20,000.
- Be a first-year international applicant to a participating college or university. An international applicant is an individual who holds citizenship in a country outside the United States and who does not also possess U.S. citizenship or permanent residency.
- Attend (or have graduated from) a secondary school outside of the United States.
- Demonstrate interest and personal initiative in activities involving intercultural learning and exchange.
3 Steps to Apply
- Apply for admission using Temple’s online application or the Common Application.
- Submit the one-page #YouAreWelcomeHere application and corresponding essay or video to YAWH@temple.edu by December 15. If submitting a large video file, you may use a free online file transfer site, such as WeTransfer.com.
- If you are awarded a scholarship, claim it by submitting a tuition deposit by May 1.
- Application Deadline: Feb. 1, 2020
- Enrollment Deposit Deadline: May 1
To check the status of your admissions and scholarship decision, check your TUportal account, or contact us at YAWH@temple.edu or +1-215-204-4900.
2019-2020 Scholarship Winners
The 2019-2020 #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship was awarded to Ayna Mammedova of Turkmenistan and Andres Mondragon of Peru. Read more about the 2019-2020 scholarship recipients.