Haven't found the pre-college program that's right for you yet? See all of the available high school and pre-college programs available through Temple University and campus partners.
- College of Engineering—Explore the possibilities in bio, civil, environmental, electrical, and mechanical engineering through hands-on projects and workshops. Programs include Philadelphia Youth for STEM (PY-STEM) and the Summer Robotics Institute. Open to students entering grades 6 through 12 (varies by program).
Creative Scholars - A year-long full scholarship pre-college art program within the Tyler School of Art and Architecture, which is offered ten weeks in the fall semester and ten weeks in the spring semester on Saturdays. This program is open exclusively to students from public and charter high schools in the School District of Philadelphia (SDP) who face financial challenges. The instruction is developed for talented 10th, 11th and 12th grade students who are interested in developing their artistic skills and seek a future in the arts. E-mail email@example.com or call 215-777-9010 for more information.
- Lewis Katz School of Medicine—Offers Mini Med School and Health Careers Exploration Day, which are both free programs for Philadelphia students from underrepresented backgrounds to learn more about medical school and careers in health. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Open to students entering grades 10, 11, or 12.
- Music Preparatory Division of Boyer College of Music and Dance—Develop your skills as a singer, songwriter, composer, or musician through a wide variety of summer programs. Programs include the Songwriting Intensive, the Music Theory Intensive, and more. Program eligibility depends on age and musical experience (varies by program). Music Prep also offers individual music lessons for students of all ages and abilities in multiple instruments.
- College of Science and Technology—Investigate, discover and experiment with summer programs for high school students in biology, chemistry, forensics and more. Programs include the STEM-UP Leadership Experience, the Teen Research Initiative Program (TRIP) and more. Open to students entering grades 8-12 (varies by program).
- School of Theater, Film and Media Arts—Learn how to tell stories through film from developing the initial story through the final edit. Programs include the Reel Girls: High School Film Workshop and the Summer Digital Filmmaking Intensive. Open to students entering grades 9, 10, 11 and 12 (varies by program).
- Upward Bound— The Temple Upward Bound and Upward Bound Math & Science programs are federally-funded college access programs designed to provide first-generation, low-income, and/or students at academic risk the supports needed to pursue and be successful through a college degree. The programs operate year-round and consist of weekday after-school tutoring and college access programming, Saturday academic instruction and enrichment, and a six-week summer program that culminates with a multi-day trip touring college campuses.
Regional Campus Programs
- SAT and ACT Test Prep - Takes place live online. Contact email@example.com for more information on upcoming sessions.
- Temple University Summer Education Camps – Explore a variety of summer camps and youth programs for youth in 2nd to 12th grades. Includes a selection of online classes, as well as in-person programs, primarily at the Ambler campus. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Temple University Harrisburg OWLS in Government - Interested in learning about politics and government? Join Temple University Harrisburg OWLS in Government Virtual Summer Camp. During our two-week camp, youth will explore and learn details about how state and local government functions. Students will also participate in mock debates and meet local and state representatives. Open to students entering grades 9 through 12.
Other Pre-college Programs
- Center for American Language and Culture—Study at Temple as an international student, and meet other high school students from around the world. Programs for high school students include EducationUSA Academy and TCALC Online. Open to students entering grades 9, 10, 11 and 12 (varies by program).
- Center for Social Policy and Community Development—Prepare for life after high school, including college and your career, through programs like the Achieving Independence Center, College Bound Academy, WorkReady and Youth Employment Project. Program eligibility varies by age.
- The Office of the Vice President for Research - The summer BITS (Building Information Technology Skills) program provides paid summer job opportunities to youth ages 14-18 through the WorkReady Philadelphia program. The virtual program will run from July through mid-August and offer a unique opportunity for Philadelphia high school students to acquire new digital literacy skills in the 21st century. Please email Jennifer Jenkins at email@example.com for more information.