Temple Summer Academy is an academically rigorous pre-college program for students entering grades 11 or 12. You'll experience the academics, energy, and culture of Temple University during this four-week on-campus summer program.
Join us this summer to explore new subjects, dive into a current interest with intense focus, and earn college credit for one undergraduate course at Temple University. Temple Summer Academy students will
- take a college course (3 or 4 credits, depending on the course),
- explore college majors by taking two non-credit academic workshops in two different fields,
- earn a Temple tuition grant by successfully completing the program (learn more under Application Requirements and Deadlines),
- build their confidence and sense of independence, with the option to live on campus, and
- make new friends and build community with other students from diverse backgrounds.
This program runs from July 10–August 4, 2023 and will take place on Temple's Main Campus in Philadelphia.
Customize your Temple Summer Academy experience to suit your interests.
Choose one college course. You can choose from two course options. Each course fulfills part of the General Education requirement at Temple University. Each course meets daily for four weeks.
- Choose two non-credit workshops. You can choose from 15+ workshop options. Topics include health and medicine, writing, the arts, business, politics and social justice, leadership, pre-law, college readiness, and more. Your first workshop will meet daily for the first two weeks of the program. Your second workshop will meet daily for the second two weeks of the program.
Browse our Pre-college Program Guide to view all of our available workshops and read their descriptions. Our Pre-college Program Guide is interactive; as you flip through the pages, you can click on program names to learn more about the program on our website, you can click buttons to start your application, or you can watch testimonial videos from previous pre-college alumni.
Learn with other high school students on campus.
Your program will be a mix of live class sessions with your instructors, and time to work on your own or in a small group on assignments and projects. Every course and workshop is designed to be as interactive as possible. You can expect your college course to be the same academically rigorous experience as you would have as a Temple undergraduate enrolled in an online course. Your non-credit workshops are designed to introduce you to the key concepts of various academic fields through project-based learning, often through work in small groups.
Morning Workshop or Course
Afternoon Workshop or Course
Occasional "college knowledge" seminars
Frequently Asked Questions
Need additional help?
Feel free to contact us if you have questions about Summer Academy or our other pre-college programs.