Temple University’s Pre-college Summer Intensives and Institutes invite students entering grades 10, 11, or 12 to experience Temple University academics while exploring potential college majors through a full-day non-credit workshop in a particular topic. Students in a Summer Institute or Intensive will
- attend one (1) full-day non-credit workshop
- engage in an immersive curriculum in one academic field
- build their confidence and sense of independence,
- engage in interactive, project-based learning, and
- make new friends and build community with other students from diverse backgrounds.
There are several Summer Institutes and Intensives offered throughout the summer. One-week sessions are offered for non-residential students only during the week of June 24. Two-week sessions are offered during the weeks of July 8 and 15, or during the weeks of July 22 and 29. All programs take place in person on Temple's Main Campus in Philadelphia.
Interactive, project-based classes.
Your program will be a mix of class sessions with your instructors, and time to work on your own or in a small group. Every workshop is designed to be as interactive as possible. Your non-credit workshops are designed to introduce you to the key concepts of various academic fields through project-based learning, often through work in small groups.
Morning class, trip, studio, or project
Afternoon class, trip, studio, or project