This equivalency tool is helpful for any prospective student, but not all transfer institutions or courses are represented. Generally, Temple accepts academic, college-level courses beyond the developmental level completed with a grade C or better. College-level coursework completed at an institution that is not accredited by an institutional accrediting agency will be evaluated for course equivalencies. Exceptions to any of these criteria might be considered and might be eligible for credit by validation after matriculation.

Depending on scores, Temple also awards academic credit for A-level exams, Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB) and CLEP. Credit may also be available for previous academic, employment, military or other learning experiences not earned in a traditional college or university classroom setting.

For information about program and major requirements, see the University Bulletin. Courses that come in as electives may be part of an articulation agreement where a combination of courses might fulfill a requirement in your major. Learn more about signed Dual Admissions agreements, Gen Ed to Gen Ed agreements and Program to Program agreements. Students who are admitted to Temple University with prior college credits will receive an official transfer equivalency statement from the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.

Currently enrolled Temple students who are considering taking courses elsewhere must get prior permission (see policy about transferring courses after matriculating) but can use this tool to identify classes at other institutions and their possible equivalencies at Temple.

NOTE​: The equivalency tables are updated regularly and equivalencies are subject to change.