We’re committed to keeping a Temple education affordable for all.
At Temple, you get the reasonable costs of a public university with the advantages of a world-class research institution. Our goal is to make it financially possible for every qualified applicant to enroll, so that we may continue to build the diverse and talented student community for which we’re known. It’s why all students are automatically considered for academic scholarships during the application process.
Financial aid opportunities can help you finance your education at Temple.
- We award more than $100 million in scholarships each year.
- 70% of eligible first year students receive need-based aid.
- In recent years, more than half of our students were offered merit-based scholarships, ranging from $1,000 to full tuition.
Tuition varies according to the school, college or program you choose, but our annual rate for in-state students begins at $16,080. Base tuition for out-of-state students is $28,992.
Dates to Remember
- Aug. 1: Common Application opens
- Oct. 1: Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) opens
- Nov. 1: Fall Early Action deadline Nov. 1
- Feb. 1: Regular Decision application deadline for first-year students
- Feb. 1: Temple’s FAFSA priority deadline
- Mid-February: Financial aid awarding begins for admitted students
- May 1: Decision Day: Enrollment and housing deadline
INFORMATION ABOUT TUITION AND FEES: Estimated tuition and fees are updated annually each summer. Some or all instruction for all or part of the academic year may be delivered remotely. Tuition, the University Services Fee and certain other fees are set regardless of the method of instruction and will not be refunded in the event instruction occurs remotely for any part of the academic year and regardless of the inability to access university-maintained facilities, or any disruption to or cancellation of activities, events, services or programs during the academic year. Read more information about Temple’s refund policy. By registering for classes, the student and anyone paying on their behalf acknowledges and accepts these terms.