Recorded Information Session and Tour
Get to know Temple from wherever you are. In this information session, Hallie Lupinski, ’17, and Courtney Bradshaw, ’19, guide first-year, transfer and international students through our academic and research opportunities; the application process; and how to navigate cost, aid and scholarships.
You can watch the information session in full, which is about 20 minutes, or watch the topics that most interest you first. We broke down the full session into shorter sections for easy navigation.
You can also take a virtual tour of Main Campus, and get a closer look at residence halls, dining halls and campus recreation spaces.
1. Welcome to Temple University
Hear fast facts about who we are, what we’re all about and our proud history.
- Philadelphia’s public university, founded in 1884
- 27,000+ undergraduate students
- Top 50 public schools among national universities (U.S. News & World Report)
2. Academic Programs
Learn about the broad range of programs we offer, including accelerated programs that create a clear path to graduate and professional degrees. This section also explores the experiential learning that’s at the core of a Temple education and the professional opportunities unique to Philadelphia. Learn more about our academic programs, and search for your major.
- 150+ undergraduate majors
- 17 schools and colleges, including five professional schools
- 13–1 student-faculty ratio
3. Research Opportunities
Research takes many forms at Temple, and undergraduates have several entry points to conduct research alongside faculty or take on their own projects. Temple is classified by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher education as R1, which means the university has “very high research activity.” Learn more about undergraduate research at Temple.
4. International Campuses and Study Abroad
Temple has seven campuses worldwide, including campuses in Rome, Italy and Tokyo, Japan, as well as many programs in countries across the globe. Many study abroad programs offer an internship component, making our students more competitive in the professional world. Explore Temple’s international campuses and study abroad programs.
5. Internships, Jobs and Alumni Network
Our location in Philadelphia allows students to take on internships year-round, and provides access to every industry so students can explore their interests and build professional experience easily. And, our global alumni network is always a resource for connections and guidance. Explore career services at Temple.
- 800+ employers come to campus each year
- 149,000+ alumni in Philadelphia
- 330,000+ alumni worldwide
6. Application Process
For First-year Students
Find out exactly what you need to know about applying to Temple University, including what we are looking for in a first-year applicant.
Dates to remember
- Aug. 1: Application opens
- Nov. 1: Early Action deadline
- Feb. 1: Regular Decision deadline
- May 1: Decision deadline
For Transfer Students
Find out exactly what you need to know about applying to Temple University, including what we are looking for in a transfer applicant.
Temple University is currently only accepting official transcripts through an electronic transcript service. Please do not send paper transcripts through the mail at this time.
Dates to remember
- Nov. 1: Application deadline for spring semester start
- June 1: Application deadline for fall semester start
- Feb. 1: Application deadline for Nursing and Health Information Management (fall semester only)
For International Students
Find out exactly what you need to know about applying to Temple University, including what we are looking for in an international applicant.
DATES TO REMEMBER
- Nov. 1: Early Action deadline (first-year students only)
- Feb. 1: Regular Decision deadline (first-year students only)
7. Cost, Aid and Scholarships
Learn about tuition costs, how to apply for aid and scholarship considerations, as well as Temple’s Fly in 4 program, which helps students stay on track academically to ensure they graduate in four years and avoid possible extra student loan debt. Explore your cost and aid options.
- Top 100 best value schools among national universities (U.S. World News & Report)
- $100 million+ in scholarships awarded last year
- 70% of first-year undergraduate students receive need-based financial aid
8. Student Experience
Who better to capture what it’s like to be a Temple student than our students themselves? Watch our student vloggers to get an idea of what their experiences are like, from a day on campus to studying away in Los Angeles.
- 19 varsity sports teams
- 350+ student organizations and clubs
- 3,000+ international students